Pets play a big role in our lives and they should be loved and cherished. Pet owners are filled with so much joy from all their rendezvous with their adorable pets and even regard them as their 'darling daughter' or 'son'! So do we. This blog is all about our darling little paws; Gabrielle, Isabelle, Hercules, Alexander, Victoria The 2nd,Napoleon, Ms. Constantine, Jerry and the late Sidney, Troy and Victoria The 1st...

Friday, September 08, 2006

Goodbye Troy... We Love You.

I can only find the strength to write this entry after a week had passed.

On September 1, 2006 our beloved son, Troy had suddenly left us to be with his brother Sidney. Our beloved, special and cute little son died in the arms of his Ayah at about 9:45pm. He had apparently waited for us to return from work and meet us for the last time.



Troy had been healthy, playful and jovial just the day before. A video Ayah took of the children on the night Farhan visited(August 30th) proved that Troy was in his pinkiest of health just a couple of days before he died. We do not have an explaination to why he had died but on Merdeka day when we fed the children braised chicken, Troy refused to eat. I especially regret for not entertaining Troy's request the day before he died. I never took them as clues that he'd be leaving us forever.

1. He had never massaged me in order to get his usual dose of earlobe nibbling but on the night of August 31st he did just that. I didn't surrender my ears though and I regret it.

2. In the wee hours of the morning of August 31st Troy had entered my room and wanted my ears but I didn't surrender and covered my ears with the pillow. I saw troy waiting and sitting beside me staring until i woke up later on. I regret for not giving him what he wanted.

The morning of September 1st we let Troy play in the bedroom - something that i think he'd appreciate. I'm glad i let him in. When we came back that night (lucky we dismissed the idea of going for a movie) we found him lying down on Isabelle's bed. Something we have never saw him doing. He was lying down, breathing hard and looking gloomy. We thought he hadn't eaten since we tried feeding him braised chicken the night before. I wanted to try force feeding him when it happened.



We witnessed God taking Troy away, his hind legs were kicking and he vomitted before breathing his last breath and suddenly there was our son staring emptily at us. He was gone.

We laid Troy to rest beside Sidney at atok's house in Taman Melawati. Until now, there isn't a clue to what had happened. The photos in my entry on Troy attacking Farhan was the last photos we had had of him.

Today marks the first week of our life without Troy. Our home is never the same without him. His absence is felt and obviously, no one would come to nibble on our earlobes anymore.

We miss you Troy.

Love,
Abah & Ayah.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Be strong .....

All will be together again, one day at rainbow bridge ...

Anonymous said...

troy reminds me to my darling daughter, mika@kakak but she's still alive. i can imagine how u felt the day u lost troy. so sorry... ;(((

Anonymous said...

Dear Abah and Ayah,
My heart goes out to you. Your blog reminds me of my Sheqal's passing away, and I still miss and love him very much to this very day. My only comfort is knowing that he is in Cat Heaven right now, playing and having fun as ever. Sheqal is probably buddies with Troy now, so lets cherish that thought and not be sad. Be strong. XoXoX Mama Sheqal XoXoX

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your cat.

i dont want to sound patronizing since its your blog but have you checked all your others kid just incase what happen to troy is, Allah forbids, infectious. Maybe u should send your other kids for blood test.

just an advise.

btw found your blog through spca site.

Anonymous said...

i m sorry to hear bout ur son. i lost my pet 3 weeks ago. n my family n i was so sad bout it. just wanna say stay strong.

Syahr-El said...

Thank you vey much for reading this blog. It's a way for us to express our love to creatures we call our kids. It's so good to know that there are indeed many people like us, and better, Malaysians who love animals.

Two months since Troy left us, Alhamdulillah the rest of the kids are fine and happy. Let's pray together that they will remain so.

Thanks again.

Love,
Abah & Ayah

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online